Friday, April 9, 2010

Rome, Intermission. Featuring: Flat Stanley!


Whitney, Grandma, Kelly, and Dad
Ready to tour Rome

Being Tourists.
When my dad, Grandma, and two sisters came to visit me, my grandma made sure we posed with Flat Stanley with us everywhere. Everywhere.  I dedicate this intermission to Flat Stanley.  

Ciao Flat Stanley!

Flat Stanley is a paper doll who waves an American flag and travels around the world posing for pictures- and then goes home to my cousin's 2nd grade class.  It is a fun way for the kids to see pictures of famous monuments, and a very thorough way for our grandmother to embarrass us by making sure that we pose with a cut-out of an American boy waving a flag in front of every major monument in Rome, where everyone can see us... 


"Make sure you get Flat Stanley in the picture for Maddy's class!"


Dad with Flat Stanley

Dad and Flat Stanley at the Forum

You're right Grams, 
of course no one's looking at the crazy Americans 
posing with the paper doll holding an American flag. 

"Yeaaahhh!"


Flat Stanley Goes to the Vatican Museum.
Be sure to take notice of the fact that, at first, posing with Flat Stanley (at my grandma's insistence) was horrifyingly embarrassing.  However, as we three girls had to take more and more pictures with this doll, the less and less concern we had for its safety. 

Note: I do not endorse the shenanigans that went on in the Vatican Museum that day, and I do not know what I have to say for myself.







Giving a private tour of the grounds... with Flat Stanley.

"Yeeaaahh!"

Uh oh, Flat Stanley!  You're not supposed to be here!

Flat Stanley gets a big head.


Where's Flat Stanley?

Okay! Let's go inside to see the art!


Flat Stanley with a view


Whatever, Flat Stanley.


A bust of Flat Stanley.


Flat Stanley on lunch break


It's a very famous painting. 


We are done with this doll.


Way done.


"Yeaaahhh!"

No comments:

Post a Comment